Mark your calendars for the 2nd Tuesday
of every month to attend a dynamic Human Resource Program!
The time of the program rotates each month, throughout the calendar quarter, generally* as follows::
*Note: Times may be altered for special presentations watch the newsletter and website for details.
| 1st Month of each Quarter - Morning Meeting: 7:30 am - 9:00 am|
| 2nd Month of each Quarter - Lunch Meeting: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm|
| 3rd Month of each Quarter - Evening Meeting: 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
General Monthly Meeting - Meeting Agenda Example:
|7:30 - 7:45 ||Registration & Networking|
|7:45 - 7:55 ||Announcements & Chapter Business|
|7:55 - 9:00 ||Speaker Introduction, Presentation & Questions|
MC-SHRM... A Dynamic, Growing Local Chapter - Affiliated with SHRM
"Superior Merit Award" Winning Chapter, Affiliated with The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), which is the World's Largest Association, Devoted to Human Resource Management and Including 190,000+ Members!
Locally, We Offer:
Networking & Professional Resources
- Monthly Meetings
- ...featuring Speakers on a Variety of HR Topics
- Workshops & Seminars
- ...emphasizing Education on Functional Areas of Human Resources
- Special Programs
- ...spotlighting Latest Trends Affecting Human Resource Professionals
- Professional Certification
- ...in Partnership with Rice University School of Continuing Studies, Increase Your Knowledge of Human Resource Management
and Prepare for the Professional Certification Exam, Administered by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute).
SHRM Learning System is Utilized. Discounted Rate is Offered to MC-SHRM Members. www.scs.rice.edu/hr
- Network with Your Peers
- ...Build Professional Relationships
- Legislative Updates
- ...Access Current Human Resource Information Affecting Local and National Workforce and Advising on the Latest Trends
- Take Action to Impact Legislative Issues
- ... Participate in Legislative Activities that Influence State and Federal Laws Affecting Your Worksite and Employees
- Volunteer to "Serve the Professional and Advance the Profession"
- Build a Professional Network
- ... Attend Meetings, Join a Committee, Get Involved
Click here for more program information
For more career services information, please see our Career Services page. To post your job listing or resume, please consider becoming a member.
||Tue. Jun 9, 2015
Members: $10 - - - Prospective Members & Guests: $20 ====================================
CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS AT THE NLRB
IN NON-UNION SETTINGS
A NEW AGGRESSIVE APPROACH
An update on current actions taken by the National Labor Relations Board against non-union employers to enforce Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act. This presentation will include a summary description of the Act and employers covered, as well as an identification of the particular types of agreements, policies and practices which the NLRB and/or courts have taken action against.
Additionally it will include a discussion of specific regulations and cases in which the NLRB or Courts have applied these rules to specific employers or fact situations. This information with enhance the ability of human resources professionals to advise their employers on the validity of existing policies and agreements and assist them in developing policies and agreements which do comply with the applicable law and current regulations and court decisions.
- Acquaint HR professionals with the provision of the National Labor Relations Act applicable to all employers and identify employers which are subject to the Act
- Explain the effect of significant Supreme Court decisions interpreting the Act
- Recognize the NLRB's attacks on various employer policies and agreements, and provide practical suggestions for drafting policies and agreements which comply with the Act
- Develop an awareness of the types of policies and agreements that may violate the NLRA and those which comply with the Act
- Provide an opportunity to analyze, amend and/or develop polices for their companies that comply with current law and regulations
With many years of experience as a trial lawyer, Steve Schueler brings a unique perspective to both pre-litigation counseling and the courtroom. He knows firsthand the situations that can lead to employment-related claims and lawsuits, and, as a result, effectively counsels clients on drafting employment policies and agreements, conducting employee investigations, terminations and/or other employment-related actions, in a way that will minimize the risk of litigation. He has represented employers in virtually every industry and can quickly understand the unique problems and issues of a wide array of clients.
As an experienced litigator, Steve is an effective advocate and has represented employers in both the courtroom and before administrative agencies. Always keeping the "big picture" in mind, Steve understands that employers are looking for effective business solutions, and that when litigation arises, it needs to be handled promptly, professionally and efficiently.
APPROVAL PENDING - Earn HRCI Credits! This program has been submitted for approval for 1.00 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org
||3:30pm - 5:00pm
||Lone Star College - Montgomery (Room B-102)
||Wed. Jun 3, 2015
||Steve Schueler, Attorney
- RSVP No Shows Will Be Billed