Mark your calendars for the 2nd Tuesday
of every month to attend a dynamic Human Resource Program!
The time of the program rotates each month, throughout the calendar quarter, generally* as follows::
*Note: Times may be altered for special presentations watch the newsletter and website for details.
| 1st Month of each Quarter - Morning Meeting: 7:30 am - 9:00 am|
| 2nd Month of each Quarter - Lunch Meeting: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm|
| 3rd Month of each Quarter - Evening Meeting: 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
General Monthly Meeting - Meeting Agenda Example:
|7:30 - 7:45 ||Registration & Networking|
|7:45 - 7:55 ||Announcements & Chapter Business|
|7:55 - 9:00 ||Speaker Introduction, Presentation & Questions|
MC-SHRM... A Dynamic, Growing Local Chapter - Affiliated with SHRM
"Superior Merit Award" Winning Chapter, Affiliated with The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), which is the World's Largest Association, Devoted to Human Resource Management and Including 190,000+ Members!
Locally, We Offer:
Networking & Professional Resources
- Monthly Meetings
- ...featuring Speakers on a Variety of HR Topics
- Workshops & Seminars
- ...emphasizing Education on Functional Areas of Human Resources
- Special Programs
- ...spotlighting Latest Trends Affecting Human Resource Professionals
- Professional Certification
- ...in Partnership with Rice University School of Continuing Studies, Increase Your Knowledge of Human Resource Management
and Prepare for the Professional Certification Exam, Administered by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute).
SHRM Learning System is Utilized. Discounted Rate is Offered to MC-SHRM Members. www.scs.rice.edu/hr
- Network with Your Peers
- ...Build Professional Relationships
- Legislative Updates
- ...Access Current Human Resource Information Affecting Local and National Workforce and Advising on the Latest Trends
- Take Action to Impact Legislative Issues
- ... Participate in Legislative Activities that Influence State and Federal Laws Affecting Your Worksite and Employees
- Volunteer to "Serve the Professional and Advance the Profession"
- Build a Professional Network
- ... Attend Meetings, Join a Committee, Get Involved
Click here for more program information
For more career services information, please see our Career Services page. To post your job listing or resume, please consider becoming a member.
||Tue. Jul 17, 2018
|| 07/17/18 MC-SHRM GENERAL MEETING 7:30am-9:00am ========================================================================== ==========================================================================
OSHA UPDATE and INCIDENT TRENDS ==========================================================================
WHAT'S ON THE SAFETY RADAR and SHOULD YOU BE WATCHING?
Electronic reporting, hand injuries, and hazard communication are important topics for today's business. Whether its OSHA citations or injury prevention businesses need to protect their bottom line through incident prevention
MC-SHRM is pleased to welcome James Shelton for another very informative presentation aimed at helping employers identify, address and communicate potential hazards in the workplace.
Participant Learning Objectives:
- Clarify who must electronically report their OSHA 300A Annual Summary to OSHA
- Identify methods to prevent hand injuries
- Understand how to develop a compliant hazard communication programﾠ
James (Jim) Shelton, M.S., has been with the OSHA Houston North Area Office since 1996. In 2004 Jim became the Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) for OSHA Houston North Area Office which is a non-enforcement position within OSHA responsible for outreach, training, and assistance to employees, employers, and industry groups. The CAS also provides support to, maintains, and develops OSHA alliances and partnerships and assists on Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) audit teams.
Prior to becoming the CAS, Jim was an OSHA inspector and conducted enforcement inspections on hundreds of worksites and investigated numerous workplace fatalities. Jim received the 2017 Safety Professional of the Year award from the Gulf Coast chapter of the American Society Safety Engineers (ASSE). Mr. Shelton has a M.S. Degree in Safety Management and a B.S Degree in Industrial Safety and Industrial Security both from Central Missouri State University.
HRCI: This program has been submitted for pre-approval for 1.00 (General) recertification credit hour toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification through HRCI. Visit www.hrci.org for more information.
SHRM: MC-SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC s) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. Visit www.shrm.org for more information ========================================================================== ==========================================================================
MEETING FEE RSVP BY DEADLINE:
$15 Members - - - $25 Prospective Members & Guests
AFTER RSVP DEADLINE:
$20 Members - - - $30 Prospective Members & Guests
||7:30am-9:00am General Meeting (*7:30am-7:45am Registration; 7:45am-7:55am Opening/Welcome; 7:55am-7:55am Program)
||JULY LOCATION: CITY OF CONROE - CONROE TOWER - 300 W. Davis Street, Conroe, Tx - Council Chambers = 1st Floor
||Tue. Jul 10, 2018
||James (Jim) Shelton, M.S. - Compliance Assistance Specialist
||OSHA Houston North Area Office
- RSVP No Shows Will Be Billed (Reservation Must Be Cancelled 3 Business Days Prior to Event Date)